Sunday, July 24, 2011

Turkey Club Quesadillas

When we go out to eat (which is incredibly rare) I like to get a turkey club sandwich. It's got turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo. Usually it's served on a thick sliced bread like a good sturdy sour dough. Yum....

I was really craving one of these sandwiches the other day, so I did what I've done with most of my sandwiches for the moment(until I find a suitable gf bread recipe)- I made it into a quesadilla :)

It hit the spot. All the flavor of the original, but gluten free for my little kidneys.

The recipe is more of a guideline than an actual recipe. But I wanted to share it with you anyway.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Turkey Club Quesadilla

2 corn tortillas
shredded pepper jack cheese (any cheese you like will work)
shaved turkey breast lunch meat
cooked and crumbled bacon
diced tomato
shredded lettuce
mayo

Toast your tortillas in a dry pan or under a broiler until just golden and slightly crunchy.

Sprinkle cheese over one tortilla and melt either in microwave or under the broiler.

Sprinkle bacon, tomato, and lettuce over the cheese. Top with turkey.

Spread a thin layer or mayo on the remaining toasted tortilla. Place mayo side down on the turkey. Cut into 6 wedges and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment