Saturday, July 23, 2011

Taco Seasoning

I like making my own seasoning mixes. I get to control what goes in them (flavor) and what doesn't (sodium). One of my favorite blends is my taco seasoning.

One of our top ways to use it(other than ground beef tacos of course) is a dry rub on chicken. Just sprinkle the meat liberally with seasoning, grill until done and enjoy. Super easy.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Dry Taco Seasoning Mix

3 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dry oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp beef bouillon granules
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all well and store in a zip top bag.

To use for ground meat tacos: 

In a large skillet, brown 1 lb of ground beef or turkey and  1/2 onion, chopped.

Add 1 small can tomato sauce and the seasoning mix. Add 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine. Simmer until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment