Monday, July 4, 2011

Buckeye Bars

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!

I have had a ton of hits on my post about my dad's peanut butter buckeyes. So, when I found a similar recipe in bar form, I had to try it.

I made a pan up and brought them to a church potluck. They flew off the plate.

When I went to retrieve my dish, someone in the kitchen asked what the plate looked like. I started to say it was a square dish, but I was immediately cut off by the entire kitchen staff who said "The one with the peanut butter chocolate bars?!"

I got excellent reviews for these little bars of happiness. And now, I pass the love along to you. :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!


Peanut Butter Bars
Makes one 9x13 pan

1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (just over one pack)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
12oz milk chocolate chips


In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and peanut butter and butter and beat until combined.  Press into a foiled lined 9×13 pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.

Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.  Pour chocolate over peanut butter mixture and spread out evenly.

Chill in the fridge just until chocolate is just set and then cut into bars.  Use a sharp knife and score the cuts first, then gently cut through.  Can be stored in the fridge or at room temp.  They will stay firmer if stored in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment