Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kar's Apple Salad

My best friend, Karlin, taught me how to make a Snickers apple salad in high school. It remains a tasty favorite of mine. Whenever I make it I am reminded her :)

Me and Kar circa 2008

There are only 4 ingredients, and you probably have them all in your pantry/fridge right now. This salad always does well at potlucks. Like so many white colored foods, it doesn't photograph well, but trust me, it's delicious.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends.


Kar's Snickers & Apple Salad

3 large gala apples,cored, peeled, and diced
2-3 full sized snickers bars, chopped*
1 small package vanilla pudding powder (I use sugar free)
8 oz light whip topping

Mix together the whip topping and dry pudding mix.

Add in the apples and snickers. Stir to coat well.

Serve well chilled.


* Snickers bars can be replaced with Butterfinger bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment