Friday, July 22, 2011

Flourless Peanutbutter Cookies

Who loves peanut butter cookies?! I do! Ok, let's be honest. I like most cookies. But I've always been a sucker for the basic peanut butter cookie with its little cross hatch design on the top and crystals of sugar shimmering around the golden edges. It's so unassuming and yet packs so much flavor.

I found a recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies and decided I had to try them.Of course I had to tweak the recipe, because I can't help myself...


They turned out so good! They taste just as good as traditional peanut butter cookies.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg white
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla

white sugar for rolling

Cream together the sugar and peanut butter. Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.

Preheat oven to 350.

Take a piece of dough about the size of a walnut and form it into a ball. Roll the ball in the white sugar to coat. Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Using a fork, gently press the cookie to flatten slightly.

Bake 10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and cookies are puffy.

Remove from oven, cool 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment