Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Peachy Keen

When I was in high school my mom would go to work meetings and potlucks. I always enjoyed baking treats for her to bring. Well, one time she surprised me and brought a recipe home to me. She told me something along the lines of you won't believe how amazing this dessert is! And, it only has 3 ingredients!

I was very skeptical. So, we bought the three ingredients. We made the dessert. It was fantastic.

So, now, every once in a while I make this delightful little treat. Since there are only three ingredients it is perfect for company. Serve warm with ice cream for a little something extra special.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Peachy Keen
Serves 16
198 calories per serving

1 (18.25 oz)box Pecan Brickle, or Yellow Cake mix
2 (15oz) cans sliced peaches in 100% juice, undrained
1 stick I can't believe it's not butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.

Cut peaches into chunks. Add juice and peaches to baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the peaches and juice.

Either cut up the butter and dot the entire cake OR melt the butter and drizzle over all.

Bake for 1 hour.

Cool, cut, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment