Monday, August 1, 2011

Gluten Free Cheesy Potatoes!

So just a quick little note today-

Our "little" furry boy has been helping me pick out new recipes for the next menu plan. Soon, we'll have some new gluten free meals to share with you!

Charlie "helping" me pick out the menu for the week.
I'm just starting to learn about the various types of flours. I can't even begin to name all the alternatives to wheat flours. Today, I learned how to take whole rice and turn it into rice flour.  My mom was able to find some other flours (tapioca, soy, and potato) for me to try out as well. When I find I good all-purpose blend I will be sure to post it. I've got a few that I'm excited to play with.


In other fun food news- I was very excited to see that Idahoan flavored potato pouches are gluten free! It's been very difficult to find cheese flavored sides (one of Jon's favorite things) that don't have wheat in them. Or when I do find them, they are horrendously expensive.  But these little pouches with 4 servings in them cost a cool 89 cents. My budget can handle that :)

YAY! Cheesy potatoes that are gf and taste great.



And our final note of the night- Jon and I had a great time at the Sun's game for my mom's birthday this weekend. They even played an extra inning for her! AND they won. How cool is that?


Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment