Tuesday, August 2, 2011

GF Cookie Bites

I posted my very first gf cookie recipe a few days ago. It was a flourless peanut butter cookie. They were delicious. They also were eaten very quickly :)

I decided to give a flour cookie a try after much reading/researching gf cookies. Most stories include flat cookies, grainy cookies, dry cookies- not so appealing.

But, there were those glimmers of hope- fat, happy, moist cookies that were "safe" to eat.  (Yea, it may be safe ingredient wise, but cookies are dangerous to my waistline! LOL)

So, I concocted a plan. I used to make cookie bars when I was in high school. They always went over well at picnics, bake sales, and youth group events. Tonight's plan of attack was to take the same concept and make cookie bites.

And look at my little beauties:

Mini Cookie Bites

They turned out moist, fluffy, and they didn't crumble! YAY!

Here's the best part: Jon-boy didn't know they were gluten free. Yea, they are that good.

I'm very pleased with the results of my first baking project. One step closer to tackling that whole bread thing. :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
Makes 24

3/4 cup multi-purpose baking mix (I used Hodgson Mill, it already has xanthan gum in the mix)
1/4 cup + 2 TBS rice flour
1/4 cup oats *
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
6 TBS margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped dark or semi sweet chocolate

Preheat oven to 375.

Blend making mix, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, oats, and salt together. Set aside.

In a large bowl mix the butter, sugars, egg white, and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Stir in chocolate bits.

Drop batter into a prepared mini muffin.

Bake 10-12 minutes until slightly golden. Let sit for 1-2 minutes. Run a knife around each cookie bite/mini muffin. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.

* Oats are optional

2 comments: