Friday, April 24, 2009

Now that's a saucy move!

When I was a senior in high school I realized I wasn't going to live with my parents forever (I know, crazy right?!)and so I asked for a cookbook. I didn't really think my mom would take time out of her Super Mom duties to put together a book of our family favorites. But, Christmas came and there is was. In a beautiful deep purple binding- my mom's collection of recipes. I still cherish and use that particular cookbook regularly.

So this one goes out to my mom- Thank you for putting all those amazing and healthy dishes into my belly :)

A hint of heat rounds out the flavors in this quick and easy dish.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend! Cheers!


Saucy Shrimp and Tomatoes
Serves 2

Ingredients

3 oz dry pasta shapes, such as piccolini (mini bowties)
1 can stewed tomatoes, roughly chopped (no salt added if you can get them)
4 tsp corn starch
12 oz shrimp, raw or thawed fresh frozen
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
dash of ground red pepper


Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.

Meanwhile, clean shrimp, removing tails, shells, and vein. Also remove head and legs as needed.

Combine tomatoes, starch, sugar, Italian seasoning, and ground red pepper. Simmer until slightly thickened.

Add cleaned shrimp to tomato sauce. Cook until shrimp becomes opaque, about 1-3 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK!

Toss with cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment