Friday, April 3, 2009

Cravings Galore!

One of my favorite restaurant treats is Oriental chicken salad. Unfortunately, it is not part of my new lifestyle. Several months back I came across a slimmed down version. I tweaked it a bit and this was the result. When I really crave restaurant food this is a great stand in. I have left the brand names of my choosing in the recipe. Use your favorites to make it your own.

Here's to your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Oriental chicken salad
2 main dish servings

10 oz chicken tenders, cut into medium chunks
2 TBS la choy teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 1/2 oz la choy oriental fried noodles
50/50 mix salad greens*
Kraft free honey dijon salad dressing

Marinate chicken in teriyaki sauce 10-15 minutes.

Toss with sesame seeds.

Bake in a preheated oven (350) for 10-12 minutes, until no longer pink.

Evenly distribute warm chicken over salad greens. Sprinkle with oriental noodles. Drizzle desired amount of dressing.

* I use Fresh Express pre-washed salad. It is 50% baby spinach and 50% mixed romaine and baby leaf lettuces.You can swap this out and use mixed greens if you prefer.

1 comment: