Thursday, April 23, 2009

My trip to the Middle East...

Ok, I didn't really go the Middle East. But, my dinner did!

I needed a REALLY quick recipe after our walk today. (It was Jon's first "walking with a purpose" walk. I took him out on the walking trails near our house to burn some calories with me.) By the time we got home at 5:30, I was "practically wasting away to nothing!" Ok, so I wasn't really, but I was really hungry...

Jon and I continued with our soup trials today. This one cooks up in about 25 minutes, start to finish. Jon even asked if we can have it again soon! Maybe I should take him on walks before dinner more often... :P LOL

Anywho-

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend! Cheers!

Israeli Couscous Soup

2 TBS olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz Israeli couscous
6 1/4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 (14oz) can fire roasted, diced tomatoes- undrained
3 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
2 cups diced, fully cooked, turkey breast meat
salt and pepper and a dash of Jane's Crazy mixed up salt (to taste)

Directions

Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and carrots, cook about 10 minutes or until softened.

Add all remaining ingredients. Bring soup to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, over medium high heat 10-12 minutes until couscous is tender.

Divide evenly into 6 bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment