Saturday, June 30, 2012

Raspberry Creamsicles

It is hot here this week. The mercury hit 102 with a heat index of 125 today.Yesterday was much of the same.

I needed to cool down after a hard day of work and a cold shower wasn't going to do it. Mostly because the ground water is no longer cool. I can take a shower with the hot water off and the water is still lukewarm. Not super refreshing.

I wanted a frozen treat that would be creamy and satisfy my sweet tooth without being heavy. Cool Whip has a ton of recipes out there so I thought I would try one.

I loved these! Light, refreshing, and just enough sweet to satisfy.

If you don't have Popsicle molds, you can use little Dixie cups with a Popsicle stick.

Hope your summer is going well! Stay cool and enjoy the sunshine :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Raspberry Creamsicles

4 oz cool whip (light, regular, sugar free, whatever suits your fancy)
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 small box sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix

Combine cool whip and pudding mix until well mixed. Fold in pineapple and berries. Spoon evenly into popsicle molds.

Freeze at least 4 hours.

To remove from plastic molds- run the mold under warm water for 10-20 seconds to loosen. If you use paper cups, simply peel the paper off.

No comments:

Post a Comment