Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Smokey Bacon Goodness

I have a little notebook.

No, really, it's miniature. It's only about 2"x3".

I keep it in my purse to write down quick notes- addresses, phone numbers, recipes...

What? You don't have a tiny notepad to write down recipes you encounter every day?! Well, maybe you should invest in one. I got mine in a care package years ago from one of my very crafty aunts.

You say you wanna see it? :) Ok!



There are several recipes waiting for me in that tiny little book.(what's even more impressive is that I usually get them written down on one page!) There are pasta dishes, various burgers, a few sandwiches, and I think there is a salad recipe or two in there as well.

We tried one of the burger recipes last night. It was awesome!

It was quick and easy, it only took about 20 minutes start to finish. I served it with a side of pasta shells. (I had the tomato/bean sauce over my pasta. It reminded me of pork and beans over egg noodles, a childhood favorite of mine.)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Southwest Skillet Burgers
Serves 2
295 calories per serving

1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/8 cup dry bread crumbs(scant)
2 tsp taco seasoning
1/4 cup diced onion
2/3 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained (no salt added)
1/3 can condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a medium bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs and taco seasoning and mix well.

Shape into two patties.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove burgers and set aside.

Add tomatoes, onion, and soup to the skillet. Stir gently to combine. Return patties to skillet. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.

Sprinkle patties with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment