Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Broccoli and Rice casserole

First of all, thank you to SnoWhite for giving me yet another great recipe!

When I was planning out our menu for the week I needed something to go with my rice casserole. I went to her blog and found this recipe for Ranch Chicken Parmesan. It was amazing!

I didn't have boneless, skinless chicken breast so I used skinless, bone in chicken quarters. I baked them for about 45 minutes to account for the bone being in. Loved them :)

Tonight's other new recipe was part of the CLP. It was a definite hit.

I took some pictures, again, no judging my photography skills!





Seriously, everything was so good. And the casserole was the perfect side for the chicken. We served some quartered tomato wedges for a pop of color. Super tasty. Jon gave the meal a 9 out of 10.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures friend. Cheers!

Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Serves 4
186 calories per

1/2 cup medium grain white rice
1/4 cup raw onion, diced
1/8 cup skim milk
2 oz Velveeta cheese, diced
1 TBS best life margarine
1 (12 oz) bag frozen broccoli florets
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
salt and pepper to taste

Par boil the rice for 10 minutes, drain well. Cool slightly

In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed.

Pour into a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake, uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Cool 3-5 minutes before dishing out.

**Once I plated up our supper, I stirred my rice a bit to better distribute the cheese. It gave a more creamy consistency**

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe!

    My mom used to make this... yum!

    ReplyDelete