Sunday, November 7, 2010

By Jon's Request

The other night I made a new recipe called Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Toss. It came from a cookbook entitled "A busy cook's cookbook." Most of the recipes are 20 minutes or less.

Jon called me after he got off work to inform me he was "starving!" I grabbed the ingredients for the pasta toss, and dinner was on the table 15 minutes later- just in time for my hungry hubby to arrive home. He devoured it! He said I must share this one. And so I shall :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Toss
Serves 3-5

1/2 lb lean ground beef
1/4 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper
5 oz spiral pasta or other pasta shape (I prefer 3 minute quick cooking)
2.5 oz bag, precooked bacon pieces
1/2-1 (10 oz) can healthy request tomato soup, undiluted*
1/2 cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef, onion, and garlic together in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Drain any fat on paper towels. Crisp bacon up in the same skillet.

While the beef is browning, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain well.

Mix pasta, beef, bacon, and soup together. Top with cheese. Serve hot.

*You can use the soup one of two ways- You can use 1/2 can of soup and add water to dilute to your preferred thickness. OR you can use the entire can for a thicker, richer sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment