Friday, October 2, 2009

Spreading the spark

I have been using the "Spark" program online since March 29. I have lost 30 some pounds.I have 20 or so left to loose. I love this program. It lets me eat the foods I love, just in a healthier way. I've learned it's ok to indulge, once in a while. I've learned to like exercise. I've learned stumbling is normal and easy to do, getting back up is the challenge. I am thrilled Spark program creator Chris Downie finally wrote a book that is coming out in January with a "jump start" program that lasts 28 days. It's about setting up your long term and short term goals. But more importantly, how to actually achieve them.

The folks at work have noticed my changes. People are asking to walk with me, to workout with me, to know what I eat, how have I managed to stick to it? Co-workers are swapping recipes and workout tapes. It's a great thing! Sparking a change in those around me, what a feeling.

One of the gals gave me a recipe for Tex-Mex burgers. I tried them out at home with hubby- they were a hit!

I challenge you to make 1 healthy change, even if it's just to cut back to 1 can of pop a day, and really stick to it. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it takes preparation and planning. It's worth your time and effort. You are worth the effort.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Ms. Liz's Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers
Serves 4

1 ¼ # ground turkey
1 envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 TBS dried cilantro or parsley
1 cup shredded 2% Mexican cheese blend
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/3 cup salsa
4 buns
4 lettuce

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, taco seasoning, and cilantro. Shape into four patties. Grill, uncovered, or broil for 5 minutes on each side.

Sprinkle with cheese. Grill until cheese melts and burgers reach temp. Combine sour cream and salsa. Serve on buns, with salsa/sour cream and lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment