Sunday, May 31, 2009

Good Morning Mr. Chicken!

Short and simple- I wanted an egg dish that was grab n' go. I came across a recipe for "egg cups" in one of my magazines. I altered it to fit what I had and what I like. They turned out great!

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Eggs in a basket
serves 6

12 slices Carl budding deli cuts ham (healthy heart version)
2 slices white bread (you will only use 1 1/2)
4 medium eggs, beaten*
4 oz cheddar cheese
pepper
cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 400.

Lightly spray 6 muffin tin cups. Place 2 slices ham in the cups, press gently. The sides will poke out a bit, this is fine.

Cut the bread into quarters. Discard 2 of the quarters, you will only need 6 pieces. Press 1 piece of bread in each ham cup.

Pour beaten eggs evenly over bread. Season with pepper if desired.

Shred cheese. Sprinkle evenly among the cups.

Bake 15 minutes until set. (I chose to blot off some excess oil at this point.) Remove from muffin tin. Serve with a side of fresh fruit for a complete breakfast.

* You may use egg substitute instead of eggs for a healthier, lower cholesterol version.

No comments:

Post a Comment