Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gluten Free Condensed Soup

I know I share a lot of recipes that contain condensed cream soups. And I try to note on them that you should always check your can to ensure it's gf.

But, I also know that purchasing gf condensed soups can be pricey(or unavailable). Therefore- I am going to share a recipe I stumbled on a few months ago and fell in love with. I originally found the recipe over on Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom. (Her recipes rock!)

It's super easy and it's made with things I always have in my house. I did tweak it a tiny bit to give it a longer shelf life. I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour in the last batch I made. Works like a dream.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Gluten-Free Magic Mix 

2 1/3 cups Dry Non-Instant Powdered Milk
1 cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. As with all gluten free flour blends- store in the refrigerator to maximize shelf life. 

Cream of Chicken Condensed soup

3/4 cup Gluten Free Magic Mix
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup gluten free Chicken Broth
1/4 cup diced, fully cooked chicken breast or canned chicken
3 TBS butter

Combine Magic Mix, onion powder, garlic powder, butter, and chicken broth to a saucepan. Mix well. 

Turn heat to medium and stir constantly until the mixture thickens.

Fold in 1/4 cup chopped chicken.
 
Use one recipe of this for each can of condensed cream of chicken soup called for in your recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment