Saturday, October 22, 2011

Linguine Carbonara with Veggies

When I am flying solo for suppers, I like one pot pasta meals.

Tonight, I got home from work and I was hungry. I wanted something filling and good for me. But I needed it done in a hurry (those baked sour cream & cheddar ruffles were calling my name...)

I decided on a classic. My mom used to make linguine carbonara when I was growing up. It's creamy, salty, and simple. Pasta, ham, cheese. Yea, there is nothing bad about this dish.

Veggies, pasta, and creamy Parmesan sauce.
In the last few years I have opted to load it up with veggies for a filling, healthy meal. I listed the combination of veggies I love the most. But whatever you have on hand will work. The low heat and hot pasta gently cook the egg without scrambling it. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!


Linguine Carbonara with Veggies
Serves 2

3 oz linguine (I use gf spaghetti)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBS fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
2 oz fully cooked, thin sliced ham. Sliced into strips

Add ins to taste-
cooked, chopped spinach
raw fresh mushrooms, sliced
diced fresh tomato
caramelized garlic and diced onion

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Immediately return to hot pan. Add the egg, parsley and cheese. Toss to evenly coat. Keep over low heat, add desired veggies and ham. Warm everything through.

Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment