Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Lovin'

Just an amusing side note, as I was putting in the title for this blog I automatically did this: Summerli. Can we say old habit!? The muscles in my hand just know "mmer" is followed by "li". I guess it will take some more practice to replace Zimmerli with Erickson. :)

Ok, moving on. I was at a local park the other day enjoying the sunshine when a smell caught my nose. You know, like in the old cartoons. Imagine the aroma wafting in, it turns into a hand and lures you in. You float, mouth watering, across the room to whatever the wonderful smell is, be it pie or pizza or whatever you fancy that day. That day the smell reminded me of a cold veggie pizza. Once it was in my brain, I had to make it.

You can use any of your favorite raw veggies, I just used what was in my fridge. Enjoy this light, cool summer pizza.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Veggie Pizza
Serves 4

1 (8 ounce) can reduced fat crescent roll dough
1/2 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
1/2-3/4 cups reduced fat sour cream
1 tablespoon dried dill weed or 1 tsp fresh
1 package ranch dressing mix
Diced raw veggies of your choice: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, cherry tomatoes, green peppers


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Unroll crescent roll dough and lay flat on a baking sheet (do not separate sections). Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.

While crust is baking, mix together cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in dill and dressing mix.

When crust is cool, spread cheese mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with chopped veggies. Chill until cream cheese mixture is firm, about 20 minutes. Cut into 4 portions and serve. (Or for more manageable slices: cut into 8 equal pieces, then 2 pieces is a serving)

2 comments:

  1. this is calorie friendly? cos it sounds dang good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if'n it's posted here, it's usually very calorie friendly. I like my full dinner meal to be about 400 calories or less.

    This makes 4 servings at 330 calories each.

    Jon says it's the only veggie pizza he'll ever eat willingly LOL

    ReplyDelete