Monday, May 23, 2011

Gram's Carrot Cake

I have been thinking about my Grandma S's carrot cake for a solid week now. It's the best carrot cake I've ever had.

Both of my grandma's are great cooks and bakers. I am always very happy to have family recipes to add to my own collection. :)

Through the magic of facebook, one of my aunts was kind enough to send me the recipe.Thank you Carla!

So, let me share with you how we turn these carrots: 

into this batter:


And finally- into this amazing cake:

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Gram's Carrot Cake
Makes 12-16 servings

1 cup white sugar
2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup + 2 TBS oil
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups ground carrots

Mix sugar and eggs together. 

Add oil. Stir until well incorporated.

Stir in flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Mix until mostly combined.
Add carrots. Stir until just combined. 

Pour into a prepared 9x9 cake pan. Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes (until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. )

Allow to cool completely. 

Frost with cream cheese frosting.


Cream Cheese Frosting:

1- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4oz cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
3/4 tsp vanilla

Cream the cream cheese then stir in sugar and butter, add vanilla, mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment