Monday, March 28, 2011

A MN visitor

My aunt Eva, who hails from MN, was able to fit us in during her very busy travel schedule. It was a delightful visit for all. We went to Jekyll Island and did a tour of the island.

As with all my photos, you can click on them to see the full sized image. Enjoy-

Here's the Northern beach:

My Mom, me, and my Aunt Eva:


The wind coming off the ocean pushes the trees the entire time they are growing so they have this angle to them:


The beach on the northern side of the island is much rockier than the south side. I love that the rocks are covered in tiny shells. When the tide is in these big rocks are covered up with the water. Look at the size of these rocks! My dad looks so tiny compared to them.


This is what sand dollars look like when they are alive, fuzzy. This little guy is working on burying himself in the sand to stay alive until the tide comes back in and rescues him once again: This sand dollar is no longer fuzzy so it is no longer alive. But, based on the pretty purple color it has only recently died. I love all the birds on the southern side of the island. There are so many different varieties. After a lovely afternoon, we went shopping for ingredients for supper. We had spaghetti, garlic toast, and salad. My dad brought some fantastic home made banana pudding. It was all so delicious. Jon got home just in time to eat :) Here we are with my aunt, full and happy! It was a fantastic visit. It was so nice to have company and spend the day together.


Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment