Saturday, September 4, 2010

I like Pie

I love lemon meringue pie. The way the sweet, airy meringue meets the creamy, tart lemon is perfect pie harmony. It's a lot more work than I like to do, but I certainly enjoy it when Jon's grandma makes it for me!

I found a recipe for a mini lemon cream pie that I just adore. Topped off with fresh raspberries or strawberries, it's a perfect summer time dessert. It's quick and easy. The best part is it gives me the lemon zip I love without all the work.

The lemon cream makes a wonderful dip for fresh fruit. If you eat the cream this way it is about 50 calories(give or take) per heaping TBS.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Mini Lemon Meringue Pies
Serves 6
218 calories per pie


1 cup light cool whip
6 oz sweetened condensed milk, fat free
1 fresh lemon, washed
lemon juice from concentrate if needed
1 cup fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries
6 Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Crusts

In a small bowl, combine cool whip and milk.

Zest the lemon (grate the rind off, just the yellow, not the white pith). Juice lemon, add additional lemon juice to equal 1/4 cup of juice. Add the zest and juice to the cool whip. Stir to combine.

Chill for 10 minutes.

Divide the lemon cream between the mini crusts. Top evenly with berries.

Chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment