Monday, February 15, 2010

I got that squishy feelin'

Yesterday was Valentines Day.

I was treated to the most beautiful bouquet of pink roses when I woke up.

A little background on the flowers: I always protest red roses, they are too cliche for me. I prefer tulips and carnations, I am a simple girl in the flower department. Jon is a traditionalist so he compromises and gets me pink roses.

In short, he did great. :)

We ate dinner at home, as a couple. It was so nice to sit down and spend some time together. We watched the Olympics and enjoyed each others company. It may not sound like the most romantic evening on the planet, but it was perfectly suited to us.

We enjoyed ham that I warmed up in the crockpot and tortellini in homemade stock. It was simple but so tasty.

Another sweethearts day successfully spent, with my sweetheart.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Fresh Tortellini in Stock
Serves 3
349 cal per serving


1 (9-ounce) package fresh three-cheese tortellini
14-16 oz homemade chicken stock
1 plum tomato, chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
2 TBS shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground black pepper (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat; drain.

While pasta cooks, bring stock to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and Italian seasoning. Cover and let broth mixture stand until pasta is done.

Add drained pasta to stock mixture. Ladle soup into three shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with cheese and tomatoes. Garnish with additional parsley leaves and pepper, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment