Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beach Bum in January

My husband and I went on vacation to Florida and Georgia. It was fantastic. But, as my mom said, "The genie is out of the bottle, you can't put it back in now!"

I want to live where it's not negative 40 degrees in the winter. I want to live where it is nice year round, but the seasons still change.

I am thinking somewhere southeast coastal or southeast mountain-y. Anyone know where I might find this happy paradise?! If you know, let me know!

I have loads to write about, but for now, I will leave you with two things: A picture of my parents, myself, and my brother wandering on the beach. And a recipe for shrimp fried rice.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!






Shrimp Fried Rice
Serves 4
225 calories per serving


1 cup cooked rice
12 oz cooked shrimp, tails removed
2 cups frozen mixed veggies
1/4 cup diced onion
3 eggs
1/2 TBS soy sauce

Spray a wok or large skillet with cooking spray. Saute mixed veggies and onion until soft and slightly caramelized.

Meanwhile, cut shrimp into bite sized pieces.

Add cooked rice and shrimp to veggies. Toss well.

Remove from pan. Spray wok/skillet with cooking spray. Lightly scramble egg.

Toss with veggies and rice.

Mix in soy sauce. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. I like that picture. You can't see my tummy! Also notice you're the only one wearing shorts and walking in the water. We're wearing jackets because it was kinda chilly for us puny Georgians (or maybe we're Georgia-sotans).

    ReplyDelete