Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Baking

I don't do a lot of holiday baking, there are enough bakers out there that lovingly drop goodies off at my door. But, every once in a while I like to whip out some cookies or brownie bars.

I grabbed some Andes Mint Chunks the other night when I was doing some late night shopping with my friend Kate. I had no idea what I was going to be doing with them, but they sounded good at the time.

I did a test batch of brownie bars today using some mint/dark chocolate chips in place of the Andes Chunks, I can't wait to share these bars with family on Christmas!

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend! Cheers!

Mint Chocolate Brownie Bars

2 cups flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 sticks butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
10 oz mint chocolate chips or Andes chocolate chunks

Cream together sugar and butter.

Add eggs and vanilla.

Sift together salt, soda, cocoa powder, and flour. Fold into wet ingredients.

Add chips. Stir until just combined.

Spread into a prepared jelly roll pan ( 15 x 10 x 1 ½)

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes- until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment