Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Winter snackin'

I am always in search of new snack mixes for entertaining, particularly in the winter when we have a lot of movie nights at our house.

I came across a great new cheesy chex mix on one of my many cooking sites. We taste tested this mix this past weekend- it was exactly what I was looking for. Not too salty, not too much cheese (although I am the cheese queen....) and just the right amount of ranch flavor. Bonus: it's only 100 calories per half cup serving!

It's a quick and easy snack. Mix, Microwave, Cool, and Share. :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Cheesy Ranch Snack Mix

9 cups rice and corn chex
2 cups broken pretzel sticks
2 cups cheese its or gold fish
3 TBS I can't believe its not butter
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Mix cereal, pretzels, and crackers together in a bowl. Sprinkle with dressing mix and Parmesan cheese.

Melt butter. Drizzle over cereal mix. Toss until well coated.

Microwave 3 1/2 minutes, stir every minute.

Spread out on paper towels to cool.

Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment