Monday, June 22, 2009

Fruity Fun

I have had a sweet craving lately. Not usual for me, I usually enjoy snacks from the salty family. But today I decided to make fruit salad after a stop at the fruit stand down the street.

People ask me for my fruit salad recipe all the time. Truth is, I don't have a recipe. I get fruit that is in season and add about 2 TBS of sugar, a little more or less depending on the fruit. If I have maple syrup on hand I like to use that as a replacement for most of the sugar.

For a chocolaty twist: over plain fruit salad, drizzle a tiny bit of dark chocolate syrup.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!



Here are the two salads I do regularly based on my tastes:

Fruit Salad for a few

1 apple, cored and peeled, chopped
2 bananas, sliced
1 large nectarine, chopped
strawberries, halved
large raspberries
seedless grapes, halved
1/2 TBS sugar
1 TBS pure maple sugar

Gently mix together in a large glass bowl. Let set at least 30 minutes before serving.


Creamy Fruit Salad

Bananas, sliced
grapes, halved
strawberries, halved
raspberries
plums, peeled and chopped
canned Mandarin oranges, drained
1 box sugar free vanilla pudding
4-8 oz light cool whip

Gently fold together pudding mix and 4 oz cool whip. Add in fruit. GENTLY fold to combine. Add cool whip as needed to get a creamy consistency. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment