Monday, March 16, 2009

Classic Tuna Noodle Revisited

Jon and I have embarked a new culinary journey to accompany our exercise regimen. Today for lunch I really wanted tuna noodle hot dish. Jon is not a fan of warm tuna, so a while back I scaled down my mom's traditional dish taking it from 4 servings to 2.

I was making it today and didn't want to use canned cream soup. Upon closer inspection of my cupboard, I didn't have any in the house anyway. So I revamped the recipe again today. It turned out amazing!

Here is my tuna hot dish, made modern:

Classic Tuna Noodle Revisited

3 oz barilla rainbow roitni pasta
1 pouch starkist tuna in water (2.6oz)
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 light sour cream
1/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
1 TBS minced onion
1/2 TBS margarine, melted
1 TBS parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt
pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.

Boil pasta and onion for 6-7 minutes in lightly salted water. It will be under cooked. Drain pasta.

Mix together milk, sour cream, tuna, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese. Add drained pasta. Pour into a small casserole that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

Mix melted margarine and crushed cornflakes together. Sprinkle over pasta.

Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let set 5 minutes before serving.

3 comments:

  1. This, to me that is, is comfort food. Nothing says that everything is right with the world (or at least my apartment) quite like tuna-noodle casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gotta have a tuna casserole cook off.


    fo sho!

    ReplyDelete