Tuesday, March 10, 2020

KEYS!!!!

It's time for exciting news!!! Friday, I picked up keys to my next new adventure. After a few years working for Life is Good (Love them! Check them out, for real, love them! www.lifeisgood.com) it is time for a new adventure. I've been sitting on this bit of fun information, waiting to get my keys because it didn't feel real until I had them in hand.



I accepted a super cool job opening and managing a different specialty clothing store called TINA Stephens. We will be opening late this month, so I am busy setting up shop and getting all those little details worked out.  Hooray!!!

That being said, you can't work on an empty belly. I'm trying to get myself in better shape these days. I quit smoking, I go to the gym regularly, and I eat pretty lean, healthy meals. One of my favorite meals is Chicken Lo Mein. I sent it to my friend, Kate who requested the recipe be blogged.

The recipe is inspired by my Cooking Light project. The original recipe called for flank steak, but I had chicken on hand.

Mmmm Asian inspired supper. Delish!


This isn't your grocery store, canned lo mein. This is a party in your mouth! Fresh, filling, and easy.

So, here, just for you KB, is my Chicken Lo Mein.


Chicken Lo Mein
Serves 3

4 oz uncooked linguine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 TBS olive oil
1/2 TBS minced, peeled, fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chopped broccoli
3/4 cup sliced onion
8 oz chicken, cut into thin strips or cubes**
1 1/2 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS brown sugar
1/2 TBS oyster sauce
1/2 TBS chili paste with garlic (huy-fong chili garlic sauce is my go to brand)
sesame seeds to garnish


Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Combine noodles and sesame oil, toss well to coat. Set aside.

While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and onion. Saute 3 minutes. Add chicken, saute until done.

Add pasta to skillet. Toss well. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and chili paste. Toss well to coat all.

Garnish lightly with sesame seeds. Serve hot.

** Original recipe calls for 8oz flank steak if you prefer to make beef lo mein vs chicken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment