Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick update :)

Jon has been sick with bronchitis for the last several weeks. But, thanks to modern medicine and prayers from family and friends, he's nearly back to normal :)

We didn't buy a lot of groceries when Jon was sick, so the fast few meals have been done on the fly. Let's face it, it's just not as fun to cook for one. And when Jon is sick, he doesn't eat a whole lot.

As my sweetheart started to feel better, we decided to use what was on hand to make some simple meals.

We had sweet potato hash with diced ham and eggs over-easy. For the hash I used leftover shredded sweet potato I had in the freezer, some diced onion, garlic, and some seasoning. Once the potatoes were done, I threw in the ham and heated it through on my griddle. Quick, easy, and filling.

Last night we had chicken biscuits. I shredded some left over rotisserie chicken, added some cheese and spices. Then, I filled store bought biscuit dough with the chicken mixture, baked the bundles for 15 minutes, and tada! Supper on the table in 20 minutes.

Today we filled the pantry back up so you'll soon see more cooking light recipes :)

Also in fun news- my parents came to visit this past weekend. We went to my local library's annual book sale. Seriously, all the books you can fit into a brown paper grocery bag for $5- it was heavenly! I got three human interest, fiction novels and a few quilting books. Mom and Dad both found books too. So, big thank you to my parents for the free to me books!

All that book browsing works up an appetite! We walked to a local pizza parlor called Arte Pizza. Wood fired,thin crust, and minimal toppings. It was everything a good slice of pie should be. It was fantastic. Big, filling slices of pizza sold by the slice at the amazing price of $2.50 per. So so good.

Today was unseasonably warm, even for these parts- it was 87 today. I sat in the sun for about 10 minutes reading one of my new books and got a bit pink. Oops. When the temperature began to fall for the day, 79 degrees felt just right. So, back out to read I went. The rest of the week is set to be typical seasonal temperatures in the upper 60's and low 70's. Jon said he likes this season of Swinter. (This is from the cartoon Phineas & Ferb, the two main characters combine summer and winter into a new season called Swinter.)

I'm happy that he's happy. Because, you know what, I am too. :)

So, that's the update for now!

Here's to you and our culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment