Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Crispity crunchity chicken!

I have been informed I am the best wife ever.

All I did was mix together some chicken and cheese! But, hey, if that makes me the best wife ever I will take it :)

I found a recipe a little while back for cheesy chicken wontons. I decided to take the idea and run with it.

Even as I was mixing the filling Jon was hovering around the kitchen. These are a definite keeper.

These would be great for a football party :) But beware! They go quick.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Bursting Cheesy Chicken Rolls*
Makes 11
125 calories per

3 oz Neufchatel cheese
2 tbsp minced chives
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp lemon juice
2 small boneless, skinless chicken breast, fully cooked. Finely chopped. Preferably grilled.
1 ½ oz shredded, reduced fat pepper jack cheese
1 ½ oz shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
---
11 egg roll wrappers
2 TBS butter, melted(optional, not included in recipe counted calories)

In a small mixing bowl mix together the filling ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.

Place about 2 tablespoons of mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold wrap around the filling. (I turn mine so looks like a diamond. Place the filling in the center. Fold bottom corner up, then the left corner in, then the right corner in. Roll up and place seam side down on a cookie sheet. This is the same process I use for my egg rolls)

Brush with butter.

Bake at 500 degrees for 12 minutes.

OR

Omit the butter and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, flip rolls over, bake 5-10 additional minutes until golden.

* We named these because they liked to burst out the side a bit when baking. (similar to Hungry Girl's exploding taquitos) but, we just pushed it back in when they cooled a bit.

1 comment: