Thursday, March 25, 2010

So much sugar....

It has been brought to my attention recently that I have never posted my b.t.s. cake recipe. Basically, I was told it was complete selfishness on my part to not share.

I am asked to make this cake for nearly every social function I host. And, there is never any left. Ever.

Some recipes out there make a golden b.t.s. cake, they involve pineapple and yellow cake. If I am making a sinfully delicious cake I am not messing around with any fruity flavors. If we are gonna do this, we are doing it right- chocolate, carmel, more chocolate, toffee, and.... oh yea! more chocolate.

Bake, present cake, sit back and watch people go into a sugar induced coma with the happiest mouths ever. :)

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friend. Cheers!

Better Than Sex Cake (BTS cake)
Serves 16-20
Calories- you don't wanna know honey...

1 German chocolate or devils food cake mix
1 1/2 cups special dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips- divided
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz cool whip
1 cup toffee or heath candy bar bits
carmel topping

Preheat oven to 350.

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Add about 1/4 cup flour. Shake all over pan to apply a thin coat. Empty extra flour out into garbage.

Mix batter according to package directions.

Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 cup of chocolate chips over cake. Finish baking until done.

While cake is still warm, using a wooden handled cooking spoon, poke holes over cake. Pour milk over entire cake. Cool completely.

Spread a thin layer of carmel over the cake. I usually end up using about 1/4-1/3 cup.

Chop remaining chips and toffee bits together. Fold HALF into the cool whip. Top cake with cool whip.

Just before serving, sprinkle remaining bits over the top of the cake.

* Baker's note: I have made this recipe using reduced sugar cake mix, special dark chips, fat free sweetened condensed milk, reduced sugar carmel, and sugar free cool whip. It still flew out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment