Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chocolate Seduction

"Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly"-- MFK Fisher

I take this quote to heart when it comes to my Double Chocolate Banana Bread. If you have not read my Dad's response to my blog "Sweet Indulgence," you haven't read about not melting butter. If you chose to soften your butter in the microwave, DO NOT MELT the butter. The texture and consistency of the bread won't be correct.

When I make this bread I use the orange Pyrex bowl and sturdy wooden spoon that were handed down to me from my Dad. And so the tradition of baking day continues on.


Double Chocolate Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sour cream
4 oz white or chocolate almond bark, cut into small chunks


In a large glass bowl cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together.
Beat in eggs, salt, baking soda.
Add the bananas and sour cream.
Finally add your flour, cocoa, and chocolate chunks.

Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray. Add batter.

In a preheated oven, bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick that has been inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment