Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to Jon

Today is a special day. It's my sweetheart's 33rd birthday! 

Everyone needs birthday cake, even when their spouse is gluten intolerant. So, thank you to Betty Crocker for making this delicious gluten free vanilla cake possible!



I was delighted to find the cake moist and smooth. It was a little more dense- reminiscent of a homemade pound cake, but that made me love it even more. I sliced the cake horizontally to make a layer cake with a chocolate fudge frosting in the middle.

The Betty Crocker Gluten Free dessert mixes are a little expensive. I paid $4.98 for a cake mix that makes a 9x9 cake. BUT, it was so worth it. We had real birthday cake that even I could enjoy. Everyone loved it, including our gluten loving guests. 

So, if you are looking for a genuine "birthday cake experience," spend the money, buy a gluten free cake mix. It's the little things that make a spectacular day even more special.

Happy Birthday, Jon!

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment