Monday, October 10, 2011

Crock Pot Beef Roast

I was skimming through my recipes today and I realized I haven't ever posted a recipe for beef roast!

It's a super easy meal. (I mean super easy!)

I love it because it's this simple- dump it and forget it. A few basic ingredients and a crock pot are all it takes. (These are ingredients I keep in my pantry and freezer on a regular basis) Total cost for this meal for 4-6 people? Under $7.You can't beat that my friends. I get my roasts on sale for buy one get one free at Winn Dixie. This helps to keep the cost down as well.

If you don't have a crock pot, I am begging. Go. Get spend the $15-$20 and get a crock pot. You will save time, effort, and money. And, your spouse will think you are a magician when you turn a plain chunk of beef into a filling, flavorful meal.

Here's to you and your culinary adventures, friends. Cheers!

Crock Pot Beef Roast
Serves 4-6

3 lb beef roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can beef stock *
1 envelope onion soup mix
4 large carrots, chunked
2 large potatoes, peeled and chunked

In a large crock pot, whisk together the soup, beef stock, and onion soup mix. Place the roast in the center of the pot. Add the veggies. Cover and cook 8-9 hours on LOW or 5-6 hours on HIGH.

*I just use one soup can of water and 1/2-1 TBS beef bouillon base.

** Note to anyone who is gf- cream soups and beef stock often have wheat in them. Be sure to check your products.**

No comments:

Post a Comment